These tips apply to both male waxing and female waxing.
Waxing is still one of the best ways to rid yourself of unwanted hair. Because it removes the hair right down at the roots. It will take longer for the hair to grow back and it will become thinner and finer. Here at Excellent Esthetics, we want to ensure that you receive the ultimate in treatment and care.
In order to get the most from your waxing experience, there are some do’s and don’ts that should be taken care of before and after your waxing procedure. Following these tips will help ensure that you get the maximum benefit and optimum results.
Before your waxing procedure:
- Make sure the hair you want removed is close to 3-5 mm long
- Make sure that it has been at least 4 weeks since your last visit or 3 weeks since you last shaved
- Take a warm shower and lightly exfoliate the skin prior to your procedure to help with hair removal and ensure a smooth wax
- Take an ibuprophen 30 to 45 minutes before your procedure to reduce pain
- Apply “Bare Ease (Women)/NumbNuts(Men)” numbing cream 20 minutes prior to your procedure to reduce the pain. This can be done at the spa
- Book an appointment if you are on any skin sensitive medications (i.e. Accutane, Retin-A, Hydroxyl Acids). Check with the spa if you are not sure
- Engage in heavy exercise or swimming prior to your procedure
- Suntan prior to your procedure
- Apply any heavy creams, gels or oils that may prevent the wax from adhering to the hair. The hair and service area should be kept clean and dry
After your waxing procedure:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that will allow the skin to breathe and minimize irritation
- Apply “Lycon INGROWN-X-IT SOLUTION or another similar product” as needed to fight any pesky bumps or ingrown hairs
- Exfoliate your skin daily with an exfoliating cloth to prevent ingrown hairs
- Book your next appointment for 5 to 6 weeks. Remember, hair becomes thinner and finer with each treatment
- Shave between visits
- Apply any heavy creams, gels or oils that may irritate the skin
- Take hot showers or baths, exercise or swim right after your procedure
- Suntan right after your procedure
Taking care of these do’s and don’ts will ensure that your waxing experience is the best it can be and that the results will meet your highest expectations.